Acid reflux mostly happens when the acid is flowing backward from the stomach to the esophagus. This can cause a lot of health complications such as heartburn. There are a lot of foods that affect your stomach and produce acid in your stomach. Consuming the right food in the right amount helps to control acid reflux and also prevents any gastric problems. Consuming the right food in the right quantity is not only important but it is also important to have food at right time. Acid reflux symptoms can be pain and irritation in the stomach, dry cough, bloating, burping, and a lump in the throat. There are 5 foods to help your acid reflux. These foods will not only help you reduce or prevent acid reflux but also has other health benefits. To get rid of acid reflux completely make sure to eat healthily, make a proper diet including below food in your diet, avoid smoking and alcohol, eat the food on time. Also, the common questions are asked if they can eat eggs when they are suffering from acid reflux, yes you can eat egg whites but not egg yolk as it is high in fat and might trigger acid reflux. The best and good for acid reflux is consuming water as much as you can which can make an easy digestion process. It is always good to eat cold food when is acid is being created in your stomach so consume more plain yogurt.
- VEGETABLES- This is the one among 5 foods to help your acid reflux. Vegetables are super healthy and contain most of the nutrients. Vegetables are low in sugar and fats which helps to reduce acid from the stomach. The best vegetables which can help you reduce acid reflux are potatoes, cucumber, beans, broccoli, asparagus, and green vegetables such as spinach, cabbage, kale, lettuce, etc. There some vegetables which shouldn’t be consumed when having acid reflux such as garlic, onion, tomato-based gravies, or sauces.
- NON-CITRUS FRUITS- Citrus fruits mainly cause acids in your stomach, especially orange and lemon are the fruits which cause acids and fruits such grapefruit, pineapple is also not good for acid reflux. Having non-citrus fruits can prevent producing acid in the stomach. Fruits such as apple, pear, watermelon, sweet melon, banana can prevent producing acid from the stomach and also helps to prevent gastric problems.
- OATMEAL- Oatmeal is the best and everyone’s favorite breakfast and it is the best source of fiber. High-fiber food reduces the risk of acid reflux. Fiber-rich food like whole grain rice, whole grain bread, any whole grain product can help you reduce the risk of acid reflux.
- GINGER- Ginger is the best and natural remedy for most problems. Most people think that ginger causes heartburn, no it does not yes but consuming ginger in summer might cause problems throat burning, or heart burning but again it is the best treatment for gastrointestinal problems. The best way to prevent acidic and gastric problems is to drink a cup of ginger tea with sliced or grated ginger.
- HEALTHY FATS- Healthy fats such as olive oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, avocados, etc. Consuming healthy fats reduces the risk of acid reflux. Replacing saturated fats with healthier fats is the best option and has lots of benefits. Fatty food can cause a lot of gastric problems. Food such as French fries, dairy products- butter, cream, cheese, milk, bacon, lard, ham ice- cream, salad dressings, gravy, oil greasy food, etc allows your stomach to produce acid and also these foods take a lot of time to digest which is not good for health.