Nausea is a very bad sensation of vomit, it is a very unpleasant feeling. Now the question arises why and when do people feel nauseous? Reasons can be many like pregnancy because you ate something wrong, food poisoning, foul smell, infection, some treatment going on, allergies, the acid in the stomach, hormone change, and many more. Food plays a very important role in everyone’s life, and especially when you are sick, your body does not accept all the food, so it becomes quite confusing what to eat and what not to. So, according to my, one should eat very light, simple, and very easy to consume food. You cannot eat a burger when you have stomach pain, you need to eat something very simple and light like soup or maybe rice but also with the food we need to try some super effective natural remedies. So, here are 7 food to eat when you are nauseous.
- BANANA- When you are sick or feel nauseous, it is quite difficult to consume heavy food. So, it is always good to eat light and healthy food which gives your body energy. Bananas are easy to consume and are packed with lots of nutrients. If you have been vomiting and have diarrhea, bananas are the best to eat as it helps to replace potassium in your body which is been lost because of nausea.
- HERBAL TEA- Herbal tea is the best remedy for anyone’s sickness like stomach pain, diarrhea, food poisoning, vomiting. Chamomile and peppermint tea helps to reduce nausea, gives energy and taste to your mouth. The most important thing it keeps your body hydrated. Also, a very good remedy is boiling black tea with few drops of lemon juice to stop nausea and it is one of the well-tried remedies.
- RICE AND POTATOES- A simple and plain food like rice and potatoes are the best to consume during nausea. Most important it is easy to prepare and can help to digest easily and fills your stomach as it is high in calories. Steamed or boiled rice with very mild seasoning can be eaten. Mashed potatoes can be consumed with little butter and milk to give u more energy. As butter has more calories so it helps your body to give some nutrients.
- GINGER- Ginger is been used as a medicine for nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea chemotherapy, surgery since ancient times. The bioactive compounds that ginger contains help to improve the nervous system and clear all stomach problems. Even it is good for pregnant women who get nausea every morning.
- WATER AND BEVERAGES- Drinking fluid during nausea is the best this is the best among the 7 food to eat when you are nauseous. To keep yourself hydrated when you are sick one should drink, juice, water, hydration drinks, juices, and coconut water. It is always better to avoid caffeine and dairy products when you are sick because that will cause more nausea.
- BROTHS AND SOUPS- Broths and soups like tomato soup, chicken broth is the best home remedies for hydration and providing nutrients to your body. Food might not stay in your stomach for longer when you are nauseous but fluid stays. Even if a person is having too much congestion in the lungs, broths and soups easily help to reduce it. It makes you feel too much better. Whenever you are sick, you should start your meal with cold or hot beverages which will help you digest your food easily.
- APPLE SAUCE- As said ‘” an apple a day keeps the doctor away” so similarly, apple sauce is really good and healthy for people suffering from nausea. It is been advised to people who have stomach pain or any stomach problems. Apple sauce is best consumed with vanilla ice cream.