Gluten intolerance is a very common concern. It means that food which contains gluten such as wheat, barley, and rye, a person is allergic to it. A group of proteins that is mostly found in grains is called gluten. When a person is gluten intolerant, the symptoms are bloated stomach, diarrhea, and stomach pain. People suffering from gluten intolerance are not able to eat gluten-containing food such as rye, barley, and wheat. There is no way a person suffering from gluten intolerance can eat food that contains gluten, they have to shift their diet to gluten-free food. It isn’t easy to shift their diet for gluten intolerance but now we have so many alternatives of each food item available in supermarkets that it just doesn’t seem different. The taste of the food changes a little bit but it is quite the same food which is been eaten. There is some food to avoid with gluten intolerance are as follows.
- MOST BAKED FOOD ITEMS- Most of the baked items are prepared with gluten-containing flour or wheat flour. People suffering from gluten intolerance should strictly avoid baked food items such as muffins, cakes, cookies, pancakes, waffles, pastries, and donuts. There are special gluten-free cakes, pastries available in the market which are made with almond flour which is quite good for people suffering from gluten intolerance.
- BEVERAGES- It’s quite strange that how drinks contain gluten, but yes certain drinks contain harbor gluten. Drinks such as premade coffee drinks, bottled wine, commercial chocolate milk.
- WHEAT BASED PASTA- Pasta is a very common and stable food in most countries. Though gluten-free pasta does come into the picture the traditional pasta is made which contains gluten. Many kinds of pasta that contain gluten are dumplings, gnocchi, spaghetti, noodles, lasagna, macaroni, penne pasta. These are some common pasta that contains gluten and should be avoided by people suffering from gluten intolerance, and can consume gluten-free pasta.
- CONDIMENTS- There are certain condiments which unlikely to contain condiments. Most of the condiments which contain gluten are used in pasta. Few condiments have gluten in them, they are salad dressings, ketchup, malt vinegar, cream sauces, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, marinades, gravy mixes. There are no ready-made gluten-free condiments available in the market, but you can mix your ingredients and add in the gluten-free ingredient to create your condiment. But common condiments such as ketchup and soy sauce alternatives are available in few marketplaces. So creating your condiments is the best way to find an alternative to it.
- GLUTEN CONTAINING GRAINS- The most common source of gluten-containing food is grains. There are quite a lot of grains or most all of which contain gluten. They are wheat berries, rye, barley, wheat, farina, Kamut, triticale, spelled, farro, couscous, etc. Many people believe that oats also do contain gluten but no in fact oats are naturally gluten-free it does not have any wheat-based product mixed it in. Yes, but there are chances oats might have been contaminated while processing but naturally it is a gluten-free product.
- BREAD & WRAPS- Most of the bread and wraps do contain gluten. If you are suffering from gluten intolerance, it is very important for a person to read the ingredients on the packaging before consuming the food item. There are few items that a person should avoid if having gluten intolerance, those are whole wheat wraps, flour tortillas, wheat crackers, white bread, whole wheat bread which is now commonly called brown bread.