This Indo-Chinese Egg Fried Rice Recipe is a complete meal because it’s got protein, veggies built in! All you really need are vegetables, eggs, rice, soya sauce and chili sauce. Once you get them into the pace of this spicy egg fried rice recipe, play around with it. The flavor of rice mixed with eggs, vegetables and especially that thin layer of soy sauce was something that brings comfort to my stomach.
The egg fried rice is one of the favorite dishes of me and my family. This egg fried rice always takes me back to my childhood days. When I was a “small girl” who always refuse to see other things in the menu and just directly order for FRIED RICE, whenever my family uses to go out for dinner. Its surprisingly speedy to make, easy to customize with your own veggies. You can also make it with leftover rice. Don’t judge! Try out this amazing vegetable egg fried rice recipe and enjoy it with family!
INGREDIENTS FOR EGG FRIED RICE RECIPE
- 4 cups Cooked Basmati Rice
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 Finely chopped Onion
- ½ Bell pepper (Red, Green, Yellow) (chopped)
- 4 Cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- ½ cup Corn
- 3 Tablespoon Soya Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Scallions for Garnish
- 1 Boiled egg
EGG FRIED RICE RECIPE– PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, take 4 eggs and beat them properly and one left the egg in a separate bowl. Take a pan and add one tablespoon of olive oil and scramble eggs on medium flame. Do not brown the eggs. Put it on a plate and keep it aside.
- Secondly, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add garlic and onion, let it brown and then add all the vegetables, one can use frozen vegetables also. Add salt to taste and mix it well.
- Thirdly, add cooked rice along with one beaten egg on top of the rice. Let the rice cook for a minute then add Soya sauce and chili sauce and mix it well.
- Finally, add a scrambled egg and mix it well and garnish it with scallions. Serve it with a boiled egg.
PREPARATION TIME- 10 minutes
COOK TIME- 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 25 minutes