The delicious Lebanese falafel recipe is prepared with fava beans and chickpeas. Living in the Middle East for long how can I not love falafel, let me tell you this is my only and most favorite Lebanese dish I love. This is an authentic falafel recipe I prepared; it is super easy to prepare compared to any other recipe. This falafel is served with tahini sauce, hummus, sour cream, and many more dips. It is also served along with some salads, such as cucumber, lettuce. It turned out super crispy and amazing. If you feel so that the batter is too hard you can always add a pinch of baking soda. I have checked out a lot of falafel recipe but I have always followed this easy recipe with a real touch of Lebanese with minimum ingredients. People add cumin, coriander seeds, black pepper, and what not to this falafel recipe but do not worry here is an amazing and easy recipe of falafel.
INGREDIENTS FOR FALAFEL RECIPE
- ½ kg Dried Fava Beans
- 400gms Dried Chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 Green Chilies (Chopped)
- A Handful of Parsley (Chopped)
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 2 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Oil for Frying
FALAFEL RECIPE -PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, soak the beans and chickpeas for 5-6 hours preferably overnight separately. Then rinse them properly.
- Then grind the beans and chickpeas together in the food processor but not completely. It should be crumbly, not full ground, add some amount of water if required, the mixture should not be too rough and thick.
- Secondly, add ginger garlic paste, green chilies, parsley, salt, chili flakes, and sesame seeds along with the beans mixture and mix it well.
- Then, heat enough amount of oil in a pan and then with the falafel maker, make the shape of falafel and fry on medium-high flame until brown and crispy.
- Finally, serve the falafel with tahini sauce or serve it in as a wrap in Arabic bread.
PREPARATION TIME- 15 minutes
COOKING TIME- 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 35 minutes