Are you ready for the focaccia bread recipe. Focaccia is Italian olive flatbread originated from Genoa. It is usually baked but occasionally fried also. This is the best focaccia bread I ever tried, so delicious, full of flavor. It is made with different types of olives, cherry tomatoes; the flavor of paprika is just makes the bread more delicious. Today I made this healthy herbed focaccia bread recipe which is absoutely delicious and amazing. You should try out different types of lives. I am sure you will love it. It is super fluffy and has a crispy base. This bread is sprinkled with lots of herbs, salt and drizzled with olive oil. So try out this delicious recipe of focaccia bread and let me know in comments.
INGREDIENTS FOR FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE
- 250gms All-Purpose Flour
- 10gms Yeast
- 10gms Sugar
- 5gms Salt
- 80ml Olive Oil
- 150ml Water
- 6 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 5gms Rosemary
- Sea Salt to Sprinkle
- 10-12 Olives (Sliced)
FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE– PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, infuse the garlic and herbs in olive oil for a few hours.
- Secondly, sieve the flour, make a well, add yeast and sugar, and make a soft dough. Do not over knead the dough.
- Then, add the salt with a little olive oil and knead. Then leave it for proofing until doubled in size.
- Thirdly, in a cake tin (8*8), add a part of the olive oil, infused mixture, and knock back the dough in the tin by folding into a book shape.
- Then, fold by keeping the seam down and spreading the dough in the tin properly. Leave the dough to proof for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then, knead the dough again and repeat the procedure to ensure the oil is incorporated into the dough. Then leave to proof for 40-50 minutes, sprinkle sea salt, and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
PREPARATION TIME- 1 hour 10 minutes
BAKING TIME- 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 1 hour 40 minutes