Hello everyone!! It has been a while I haven’t baked any bread so here another kind of bread. This vienna bread recipe was originated from the name itself- Vienna, Austria back in the 19th Century. Vienna rolls were traditionally prepared with beer yeast and new dough. But I used the normal yeast here which also turned out pretty good. It is also known as Kaiser rolls as it was introduced in Paris by a Vienna baker. It is shaped in same was as bread rolls.
These Vienna rolls are a bit sweet and are super yummy. I usually eat this as my breakfast and snacks with jam and sometimes with cheese also. As it is a sweet bread, I like them more with cheese and some oregano, thyme. This bread has a hard crust on top and is soft from inside. The similarity for all the bread is that it is very important to proof the bread after shaping and before shaping, which makes the bread rise and soft from inside. Similar recipe of bread with just adjustment of some ingredients such as- breadsticks, focaccia, beer bread, and many more.
INGREDIENTS FOR VIENNA ROLLS RECIPE
- 250gms Bread Flour
- 9gms Yeast
- 7gms Sugar
- 5.5gms Salt
- 7gms Oil
- 1 Egg
- 150ml Water
VIENNA ROLLS – PREPARATION METHOD RECIPE
- Firstly, sieve the flour make a well, add yeast, sugar, egg, and make the dough using water.
- Secondly, cream the oil along with salt. Then incorporate it with the dough by kneading the dough.
- Thirdly, keep the dough for fermentation for about 30 minutes or until double in size. Then, scale the dough into 8 pieces and shape them as Vienna rolls (round and torpedo).
- Then roll the shaped dough on damp duster into poppy seeds and place it on a baking tray. Proof until double in size.
- Finally, bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes, with the first 10 minutes done with steam.
PREPARATION TIME- 50 minutes
BAKING TIME- 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 1 hour 10 minutes