This baba au rhum recipe is one of my favorite rum desserts. It is super tasty. It is a small yeasted cake that is saturated in sugar syrup with rum. This baba au rhum is traditionally served with crème Anglaise, whipped cream, and some fruits like strawberry or raspberry. This baba au rhum recipe is originated from France. I love rum and always wanted to try out this recipe and I think today was the best time when you are off from all the work you can enjoy your EID with this delicious dessert. Some people also try for non- alcoholic babas which is the same as this recipe just eliminate rum from the recipe and soak the babas in sugar syrup it gives amazing flavor. Try out this amazing recipe of baba au rhum and let me know in comments how it tasted?
INGREDIENTS FOR BABA AU RHUM RECIPE
- 115gms Refined Flour
- 7gms Yeast
- 15gms Powdered Sugar
- 85ml Milk
- 75gms Butter
- 2 Eggs
- A pinch of Salt
- 20gms Black Currants
- 10gms Raisins
For Sugar Syrup
- 200gms Grain Sugar
- 200ml Water
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Few Drops of Vanilla Essence
- 75ml Rum
BABA AU RHUM RECIPE – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, make the soft and smooth dough using flour. yeast, sugar, and milk along with some water if required. Then cover it for 30 minutes. Melt the butter and cool it. Then incorporate butter and salt into the dough.
- Then, place the mixture in a bowl and mix in stiffly with eggs and whisk it. Add eggs little by little.
- Secondly, grease and dust the baba molds and add raisins and black currants and then pour the mixture into the baba molds. Then, proof for 30 minutes or until the mixture is filled with tin.
- Finally bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or till golden brown. De mold them when it is hot.
- Firstly, make the sugar syrup by using all the above ingredients of syrup except for rum. Cool down. Then add rum and mix it well.
- Secondly, soak the babas and then drain them on the rack.
- Finally, serve babas along with crème anglaise, chocolate sauce, and top it up with some whipped cream.
PREPARATION TIME- 1 hour
BAKING TIME- 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 1 hour 20 minutes