Keeping your heart healthy is very important because any heart problems can lead to death. I believe food is the best way to keep your heart health rather than taking up medicines after you get your heart problem. Certain problems can lead to heart problems that can also be influenced by food, diseases such as cholesterol, blood pressure, inflammation, and triglycerides. These are some foods that should come under your diet to keep your heart healthy. So, to keep your heart healthy we should know about these 10 best heart-healthy food which will also keep your body healthy and away from the disease.
- WHOLE GRAINS- Whole grains include oats, rye, barley, brown rice, quinoa, and buckwheat. It is high in fiber which helps to reduce cholesterol which might also help to prevent heart risk. Much research has proved that whole grains are healthy and will benefit heart health. Whenever you buy a whole grain product make sure the ingredients mentioned there have words like whole grain and whole wheat instead of wheat flour multigrain. Only whole grain products are good for heart health.
- WALNUTS- Walnuts are the best source of copper, magnesium, manganese, and fiber which is too healthy for the heart. Walnuts also help to reduce diseases like cholesterol and blood pressure which is a way to get heart problems.
- TOMATOES- Tomatoes are packed with powerful antioxidants which helps to prevent oxidative damage and inflammation. It is also a good source of lycopene and helps to lower the risk of heart stroke and is good in HDL cholesterol. As tomatoes are a good source of lycopene it helps to prevent the risk of heart attack, because low blood cells of lycopene can lead to a severe heart attack.
- GARLIC- This is another food among 10 best heart-healthy food. Garlic has been proven as one of the best natural remedies for many health problems. Several surveys have proved that garlic has been using as medicine in recent years which helps to improve heart health. Once my mother’s doctor suggested eating one raw garlic every morning when her blood pressure was high, and it helps to lower down the blood pressure. Garlic also helps to reduce the risk of any blood clots and strokes in the heart.
- GREEN TEA- Green tea is healthy compared to any other tea. Green tea acts as an antioxidant in our body it prevents the damaging of cells in the body, protects heart health, and reduces inflammation. Green tea is packed with catechins and polyphenols which help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- EDAMAME- Edamame is mostly found in Asian cuisine, it is much like soybean. It is rich in isoflavones which a type of flavonoid which keeps heart healthy and helps to lower cholesterol level. It also contains enough antioxidants that benefit heart health. This food is really good and healthy for heart.
- ALMONDS- Almonds are one the best nuts which have enough amount of nutrients that a body requires on daily basis. I believe having 5 almonds every day can cure any heart problems. It is high in fiber and monosaturated fats which reduces belly fat and cholesterol.
- DARK CHOCOLATE- Dark chocolate is very healthy and good for the heart as it contains antioxidants. It acts as a medicine for the heart, a medicine that is tasty and beneficial as well.
- AVOCADOS- Avocado contains monosaturated fats which are best for a healthy heart. Avocados are the best source of potassium which is a very important nutrient for a healthy heart. It may also help to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
- GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES- Green leafy vegetables are one the foods among the 10 best heart-healthy food. Green veggies like kale, spinach, collard are very rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. It is the best source of vitamin K. It helps to protect from blood clotting. Green vegetables not only keep your heart healthy but also have a lot of other health benefits.
SOME HELPFUL FOOD IDEAS.