Carrot is a root-based vegetable which highly nutritious and tasty. Carrot is the best source of fiber, vitamin K1, carotene, potassium, and antioxidants. It has numerous amounts of benefits. The first time when we hear the word carrot, we understand it’s good for the eyes, yes it totally is but there are many other benefits as well. Carrot is a vegetable and we can make carrot juice from it, it is not necessary to extract juice only from fruits. It is always too good to consume carrots when it is cooked as the excess of raw carrots can cause problems like constipation. Either you can have carrot juice, sauteed veggies, and many more. Carrots help to keep your cholesterol level balanced and prevent heart problems. Overeating carrots can exceed the amount of beta carotene which can lead to discoloring of skin and blood carotene. So, here are 7 benefits of carrot you should know.
- MAINTAINS GOOD EYE HEALTH- The first benefit among 7 benefits of carrot you should know is carrot benefits for eye health. Anyone of you has an eye problem such as eyesight, getting eye infection often. Carrot is been a traditional remedy for boosting healthy eyesight as it has vitamin A which helps to keep your eyesight healthy. I can share my example with you, I got glasses back when I was in my 5th grade, but I have never worn them, instead, I had enough amount vitamin A, especially carrots every day today it’s been more than 10 years since I do not have glasses anymore.
- IT MAINTAINS CHOLESTEROL LEVEL AND PREVENTS HEART PROBLEMS- The red carrots contain a lot of fiber which helps to keep the heart healthy and helps to remove excess LDL cholesterol from the arteries and blood vessel.
- HELPS WEIGHT LOSS- If you are following a weight loss diet, do include carrots in it, as it will help you lose weight. Carrots are high in fiber- both soluble and insoluble as well and fiber food is the best way to lose weight as it helps to keep your stomach full for a long time. Any fiber-rich food takes a long to digest and prevents getting hungry often, keeps your stomach full for a long time. It is just next to impossible to gain weight because of consuming carrots.
- IMPROVES SKIN HEALTH- Then another benefit among 7 benefits of carrot you should know is that it improves skin health. Carrot juice is very good for health and skin. It gives a glow to your skin and removes pimples. The red juicy carrot is better for the skin. It contains high silicon content in the root which helps to keep your skin healthy and even nails. Raw carrots are good for skin but should only be consumed in little quantity otherwise it can cause constipation.
- BOOSTS IMMUNITY- Carrots are the best to boost immunity. It is loaded with lots of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins such as Vitamin B6, vitamin K, phosphorous, and potassium, this helps to boost memory, improves the nervous system, helps to fight against harmful bacteria and viruses. So, one should at least consume one carrot per day, it is very good for health.
- IT LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE- As mentioned before carrot is loaded with potassium and potassium helps to reduce/ relax the tension in arteries and blood vessels, this way it helps to reduce the blood pressure. High blood pressure can cause heart attacks, strokes, and many other problems.
- ENSURES BOWEL REGULARITY AND HELPS IN GOOD DIGESTION- As carrot contains fiber which plays a very important role in the good digestion system. Fiber-rich food helps to pass the stool smoothly and prevents problems like constipation. Carrot is just like cucumber; cucumber also helps in good digestion.