Chia seeds are edible seeds that are mostly grown in the United States and Southern Mexico. These are tiny seeds grey in color with white spots on them. These seeds are the healthiest seeds on the planet. It is eaten with morning breakfast mixed with oats and milk, with warm water and honey, banana chia pudding it is eaten as it is. It has thousands of benefits for the skin, brain, losing weight, body, and many more. The 7 health benefits of chia seeds are as follows-
- IT IS HIGH IN QUALITY PROTEIN- Chia seeds are loaded with enough amount of protein and also contain a very good amount of amino acids which helps your body to make use of protein in enough amount. Chia seeds are the best source of protein especially for people who are vegan or vegetarian. As much research said people who are vegan and vegetarian always have a deficiency of protein so to cover the amount of protein in your body, one should consume chia seeds.
- MIGHT REDUCE CHRONIC INFLAMMATION- Inflammation is a response from the body when somewhere in the body, it is injured or infected such as rashes, swollen skin, or part of the body. Inflammation helps to fight any virus, infection, or bacteria. It is mostly applied to major inflammation like cancer and heart disease. It is proved that consuming chia seeds helps to reduce inflammatory markers. Also, for people who are diabetic, chia seeds help to reduce inflammatory markers by 40 %.
- ALL THE CARBS IN SEEDS ARE FIBER- 1 Ounce of chia seeds has 12 grams of carbs and 11 grams is fiber which does not digest in your body. Chia seeds have high fiber content. This helps to increase the fullness and helps you to eat fewer calories and makes you feel full.
- CONTAINS HIGHEST AMOUNT OF NUTRIENTS WITH FEW CALORIES- Chia seeds are grey seeds from the plant savia hispanica, which is from the family of mint. These tiny seeds are super powerful and have too many amounts of nutrients and have all the health benefits. One ounce of chia seeds contains- 8 grams of fat. 11 grams of fiber, 18 % calcium, 4 grams of protein, 30% of magnesium, 27% phosphorus. This tiny seed makes a lot of difference in your body.
- HELPS YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT- This is one of the strongest benefits of chia seeds among the 7 health benefits of chia seeds. This tiny chia seed helps to lose a lot of weight. The soluble fiber present in chia seeds absorbs water and expands in your stomach which helps you to feel full and slows down the process of absorption of food. Chia seeds are loaded with fiber and protein which both help to lose weight. The best way to consume chia seeds for losing weight is either to have it in a warm glass of water or have it in your breakfast bowl with some oats and milk. It is very easy to add to your diet, I add some chia seeds in mousseline, it tastes good and delicious.
- LOWER THE RISK OF HEART DISEASE- As mentioned above, chia seeds contain omega 3, protein, and fiber which might help you to reduce the risk of any heart problems. Some of the studies have also shown that chia seeds might also reduce hypertension which means blood pressure which is the strongest risk factor of any heart problem.
- HIGH IN BONE NUTRIENTS- As chia seeds also contain enough amount of calcium, protein, phosphorus, and magnesium which are the basic nutrients required for bone health. It also helps to keep your bones healthy. Chia seeds contain phytic acid which reduces the absorption of calcium.