Chocolate is something which most people love it and some people can live without chocolate like me. Yes, I do need chocolate in a day because that is what keeps my mood happy and relaxes my brain. Instead of chocolate people drink tea and consume caffeine to keep themselves awake but I consume chocolate. Surprisingly this is one thing which everyone loves and it is healthy and has lots of health benefits like chocolate benefits for skin, blood pressure and also reduces the risk of developing diabetes. There are three types of chocolates- dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate. Dark chocolate is the healthiest has it is packed with lots of nutrients and has positive effects on your health. Dark chocolate is made from the seed of a cocoa tree. So, here are some dark chocolate benefits for your body.
- BEST SOURCE OF ANTIOXIDANTS- Dark chocolate is packed with organic compounds that function as antioxidants in the body. The highest antioxidant is included in dark chocolate than any other food items. Dark chocolate has organic compounds which function biologically as an antioxidant.
- IT LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE- Research and studies show that dark chocolate and cocoa improves blood flow and lowers blood pressure. One of the functions of this is to send signals to arteries to relax which helps to reduce blood pressure.
- IT REDUCES HEART DISEASE- It’s been proved in some studies that eating chocolates more than two to three times a week can lower the risk of having calcified plaque which helps to reduce heart disease. One should consume at least two chocolates a week which is quite healthy. Consuming more dark chocolates helps the reduction of any heart disease.
- HELPS TO IMPROVE BRAIN FUNCTION- Yes everyone loves chocolate but not everyone loves dark chocolate but let me tell you dark chocolate benefits to improve brain function. Cocoa helps to improve cognitive function in people with mental impairment or maybe elderly people.
- IT IMPROVES SUGAR LEVEL AND REDUCES THE RISK OF DIABETES- It’s quite surprising but yes dark chocolate reduces the risk of developing diabetes in the body. It might not sound like the best way to prevent diabetes but dark chocolate is healthy and improves the metabolism of the body.
- IT HELPS BOOST YOUR MOOD- Chocolates are everyone’s favorite and it also has been proved in certain studies that sweet helps to boost your mood. I personally that it does because I eat lots of chocolate when I am stressed especially during exams I eat more chocolates than having food, it is not good to consume a lot of chocolates but for a day it is ok.
- IT IS NUTRITIOUS AND DELICIOUS-One food item which everyone loves and surprisingly it is very nutritious and is packed with lots of nutrients and has many health benefits. Every brand is differently processed so choose your chocolate carefully. It is always good to consume organic dark chocolate.
- DARK CHOCOLATE BENEFITS YOUR SKIN-Skin requires lots of minerals and vitamins which dark chocolate is loaded with- copper, magnesium, iron, and vitamins. Many people think that eating chocolates can cause pimples on your face but that’s not true it provides your skin a lot of nutrients.
- IT MIGHT HELP IN CANCER PREVENTION- As dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants, which helps to protect the cells from damage-causing by radicals. So, that helps to prevent cancer. When an individual has lots of free radicals in the body, it starts attacking the cells and they become weaker and can lead to many diseases like cancer.