Some of the food high in iron which a body requires.Iron serves a very important function in the body. Iron is a mineral that takes oxygen throughout the body as part of red blood cells. S It is one of the most important nutrients that should be taken through food. Deficiency of iron can cause anemia and can especially affect the women for their menstruation cycle. So, here are some natural food high in iron which helps you increase the iron content in your body.
- SPINACH- The highest iron-rich food which provides a lot of health benefits. Spinach is rich in antioxidants and contains lots of iron and vitamin C. Taking of iron prevents blood pressure, anemia, risk of cancer, prevents any eye disease. Consuming any leafy vegetables or spinach is rich in iron. As consuming leafy vegetables with any oil or fat that helps to absorb carotenoids, so it is better to consume it with oil like olive oil.
- QUINOA- Quinoa is one of the popular and healthy grains. Quinoa is high in protein and is rich in iron, magnesium, copper, and many other nutrients. It contains no gluten and best for people to consumers who are intolerant to gluten. Try Quinoa Salad.
- TURKEY- Turkey is one of the healthy meat. It’s the best source of iron. Turkey is high in protein which helps to increase the metabolism rate. High protein also helps to prevent muscle loss.
- TOFU- Tofu is soy-based food and very popular in Asian countries. It’s the best source of several minerals such as iron, calcium, and magnesium. It helps to improve heart problems.
- DARK CHOCOLATE- The best and one of the most nutritious and delicious food that you would love to have and enjoy too. Dark chocolate has lots of antioxidants that help to reduce heart attacks or any heart problem. Not all chocolates are healthy and beneficial for the body. Dark chocolate is lot more healthier than milk or white chocolate. It is best to consume with just 70 % cocoa chocolate.
- FISH- Fish is very nutritional and healthy. It has certain varieties which are healthy too such as tuna which is the best source of iron. Fish also contains many other nutrients such as Vitamin B12, Omega 3 fatty acids, niacin, and selenium.
- BROCCOLI- Cooked broccoli contains iron. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that contains Vitamin K which prevents cancer diseases. Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, kale, cabbage too are healthy and contain enough amount of nutrients. Try Broccoli salad.
- RED MEAT- Red meat is one of the best sources of iron. It also includes protein, vitamin B, zinc, and selenium. Many types of research have been done where it has been proved that deficiency of iron in people is more who do not consume any meat and are vegetarian or vegan. Its also been proved with some researches that women who consume red meat have enough amount of iron in their bodies.
- PUMPKIN SEEDS- Pumpkin seeds are healthy and the best snacks which contain iron, Vitamin K, and zinc. It’s one of the best sources of magnesium. People who have a deficiency in magnesium should intake pumpkin seeds. It’s best for the people who are diabetic or people who take insulin, suffering from any depression.
- LEGUMES- Legumes are packed with lots of nutrients. Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, beans, soybeans are food rich in iron. It contains lots of other nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, and folate. It prevents you from any heart diseases and reduces inflammation in diabetic people. Legume also helps to lose weight more naturally and contains lots of fiber.
These are some food rich in iron which helps to increase the iron content in the body and also these foods contain many other nutrients which benefit our body and prevent from many diseases. Best way to increase iron contain in the body quickly is to eat red meat.