Welcome back to my blog! Today I prepared this delicious and healthy vegan broccoli salad recipe. I have shared my previous broccoli salad recipe on my blog but I feel this turned out more delicious and flavorful compare to the last one. My family just loves the dressing of this salad because it’s so creamy and tasty and is topped with nuts. I even used the same dressing for my other salad and hose turned out good.
When we hear the word vegan we think that there are no dairy products added in this but no I have added vegan cheese and non-dairy yogurt which is easily available in the supermarket but if in case you want a normal salad you can use feta cheese instead of vegan cheese and normal yogurt instead of non-dairy yogurt. If you are on diet I feel this salad is the best to have as it contains lots of nutrients and loads of flavor.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN BROCCOLI SALAD
- 450gms Broccoli
- 1 Red Onion (Chopped)
- 1/4th Cup Vegan Cheese
- 1/3rd cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4th Cup Nuts (For topping)
For the Dressing
- 1/3rd cup Non-dairy Yogurt
- 3 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt to Taste
VEGAN BROCCOLI SALAD – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, cut the broccoli into small florets and boil them for 5-6 minutes. Once it’s cool down mix broccoli, onion, cranberries, and vegan cheese together and keep it aside.
- Secondly, whisk the yogurt, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, olive oil, and lemon juice and adjust the seasoning.
- Thirdly, pour the dressing over the salad and toss it well.
- Finally, top it up with some nuts and keep it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes for better flavor.
PREPARATION TIME- 15 minutes
REFRIGERATOR TIME-20 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 35 minutes