Alfredo sauce looks so much like a white sauce. It is an Italian cheese-based sauce which is too famous in Italy. I love Italian food and if you ask me to do I like alfredo sauce more than white sauce, yes definitely super delicious. This simple alfredo sauce is made with heavy whipping cream, parmesan, asiago cheese, garlic, butter, nutmeg powder, and black pepper. This is the best homemade sauce recipe as we can store it in an airtight container for up to 4 days which is just amazing. So, you have a guest coming home you can prepare this sauce 2-3 days before and just mix it fettuccine and pasta ready in just 5 minutes. If you feel the cream is too heavy you can add half the amount of cream and half the amount of milk which just gives you a similar taste and consistency. When I am in a mood to eat chicken I cook some chicken in alfredo sauce and mix it with pasta and you have the best pasta on your plate for dinner, that would be the best pasta you ever had.
INGREDIENTS FOR ALFREDO SAUCE
- 1 + ½ Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4th cup Asiago Cheese (Grated)
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 3-4 Tablespoon Butter
- Salt to Taste
- 1/8th Teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- 1/4th Teaspoon Black Pepper
ALFREDO SAUCE – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, in a saucepan melt butter over slow to medium heat. Then, add the minced garlic and cook for a minute or so.
- Secondly, add the cream bring it to simmer over slow to medium heat, and cook until liquid reduces for around 15 minutes.
- Thirdly, add in the cheese slowly simultaneously along with whisking the mixture otherwise it will become lumpy.
- Finally, adjust seasoning with salt, black pepper and nutmeg powder.
PREPARATION TIME- 5 minutes
COOKING TIME- 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 20 minutes