These delicious broccoli fritters with no egg just makes your perfect vegetarian lunch or dinner meal. It hardly takes 30 minutes to prepare. The color and crust of these fritters make you feel tempting. When I made these delicious vegan broccoli fritters I couldn’t wait until my dinner, I had it there itself in no time. These are super healthy and delicious. The best thing about these fritters they taste delicious even when you bake and also when fry. So what would you choose baked vs fried? Baking is fritters make your fritters healthy with little or no oil but fried has more oil and has better crust but they taste the same. It becomes crispier when you fry it. Kids love them too. When your kids do not like broccoli, I feel this is the best way to serve them and they will love it. My mom used to do that when I was young. So do try this with your kids too.
INGREDIENTS FOR BROCCOLI FRITTERS
- 3 +1/2 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 Cloves
- Handful of Cilantro
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 +1/2 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- Salt to Taste
- ½ Cup Gram Flour/ Chickpea Flour
- Olive Oil for shallow frying
BROCCOLI FRITTERS – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, grind broccoli, onion, garlic, and cilantro in a food processor. Do not grind it like a paste. It should be crumbly like grain.
- Secondly, add this in a bowl along with flour, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, flaxseeds, and salt. Mix it well. Then using your hand squeeze all together and make a dough.
- Thirdly, heat the pan with some oil and using your palm make patties and put it in a pan and cook it until its golden brown on both sides,
- Finally, if you want to eat healthy fritters bake it at 180 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes flipping it in between.
PREPARATION TIME- 10 minutes
COOKING TIME- 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 25 minutes