This traditionally fish curry recipe is from Goa- India. It is super spicy and delicious. I love preparing this red curry as it doesn’t require a lot of effort. When you have to prepare a quick lunch or dinner. This is the best recipe for lunch and dinner. I am sure people who spicy food will love this fish curry recipe. I love spicy food so even mild food is tasteless for me so my mom puts extra chili for me in every food she prepares. This recipe I prepared long back when my mom was travelling and I was craving for something spicy, so I decided to prepare this delicious and spicy dish. I mostly prefer king fish you can also use your own choice of fish. This fish curry recipe is marinated for 30-45 minutes then it is mixed with chili and coconut paste and tempered with some curry leaves and chilies. So tell me which is your favorite spicy dish you crave for?
INGREDIENTS FOR FISH CURRY RECIPE
- 6 King Fish (Small Darne)
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric
- 5 Whole Red Chili
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 200gms Coconut
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Tamarind Paste
- 10ml Coconut Oil
- 1 Small Onion (Sliced)
- 2 Green Chili (Slit)
- 10 Curry Leaves
FISH CURRY RECIPE – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, marinate the fish along with salt and turmeric.
- Then, leave it aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Firstly, add whole red chili, coconut, cumin seeds, turmeric, and tamarind into a blender and blend it until it becomes a fine paste.
- Then, remove the mixture in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Then, add curry leaves, green chilies, and onions. Then, fry them until it is softened and translucent.
- Secondly, add the paste and fry lightly on slow flame till the oil starts separating.
- Then, add enough water to form a gravy. Simmer till the gravy starts to thicken.
- Thirdly, add fish. Then, cook on a slow flame until the fish is done.
- Finally, remove from flame and carefully transfer the fish to a serving dish. Pour the gravy over.
PREPARATION TIME- 45 minutes
COOKING TIME- 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 1 hour 10 minutes