Hello… Welcome back to my blog….After so many efforts I made this delicious homemade croissant recipe. So, during my internship I was working in the bakery kitchen which I love the most, there one of the chefs just taught me how to roll the croissant, and since then I was an expert because then it almost became my job but making the croissant at home was quite difficult and it almost took me the whole day. But later when I prepared this I found it easy to prepare this croissant, the only thing that took me time was my oven is small I had to put it in 5-6 batches which took me the whole day. But if you are making so many efforts, trust me it’s worth it because they taste so amazing, I just love it. So if you love baking and especially bread, the croissant is worth making efforts.
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE CROISSANT RECIPE
- 600gms Strong White Flour
- 6 tablespoon Sugar
- 400ml Warm Milk
- 1 + ½ Tablespoon Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Butter (Soften)
- Egg Wash (Egg Yolk + 1 Teaspoon Milk)
HOMEMADE CROISSANT RECIPE – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, mix yeast, sugar, and half of the milk in a bowl and leave it aside for 10-15 minutes. Then, add the flour and salt to the mixture and knead the dough using the warm milk. Then, let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Secondly, knead the dough once its risen, then divide the dough into 18 pieces. Then roll out the dough in a circle and spread the softened butter and layer with another sheet of dough and repeat the same steps for all rest of the dough. (Keep stretching the layer of the dough to make it equal from bottom to top.)Then, cover it with cling film and freeze it for 30 minutes.
- Thirdly, remove it from the freezer and roll it with a rolling pin and make it a big round like pizza. Then, cut the dough in 12 pieces by just giving the slit in between of one triangle and start rolling outwards to give a croissant shape. Leave it aside for 30 minutes to double in size.
- Finally, bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until brown and baked.
PREPARATION TIME- 2 hours
BAKING TIME- 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 2 hours 20 minutes