Paneer tikka is an Indian Dish of Marinated Paneer (cottage cheese) with capsicum and onion. It is a vegetarian substitute for chicken tikka. Being an Indian, I love paneer. I can have paneer every day. This paneer tikka recipe is my mom’s recipe. It’s delicious. This paneer tikka can also be grilled or barbequed which gives it a smoky flavor. This paneer tikka recipe is easy to prepare and gives a taste of the restaurant. It is traditionally grilled on tandoor but if you can get the same taste in the oven then why not..? This recipe is prepared by marinating the paneer in gram flour, salt, yogurt, lemon juice, chili powder, ajwain, kasoori methi. This paneer tikka is mostly made during parties as appetizers. So try out this tasty paneer tikka recipe and let me know in comments.
INGREDIENTS FOR PANEER TIKKA RECIPE
- 1 Teaspoon Gram Flour
- 1 Cup Hung Yogurt
- ½ Teaspoon Ajwain (Trachyspermum Ammi)
- 1 Teaspoon Kasoori Methi
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Red chili Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1+ ½ Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 200gms Paneer (Cubes)
- 1 Capsicum (red, yellow, green) (Diced)
- 1 Onion (Diced)
PANEER TIKKA RECIPE – PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, mix gram flour, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, lemon juice, kasoori methi, ajwain, mustard oil, and salt and make a smooth paste. Mix it thoroughly.
- Secondly, add diced capsicum, onion and paneer to the mixture and let it marinate for around 1 hour.
- Thirdly, skewer paneer cubes, then capsicum and onion. Repeat the same.
- Finally, place the skewers on the rack and bake it at 200 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes by turning once halfway. Top with some chopped coriander, onion, and lemon. Serve hot.
PREPARATION TIME- 1 hour
COOKING TIME- 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 1 hour 30 minutes