Pani puri is a portion of Indian street food. It is crisp fried dough balls, added with potato masala and eaten with coriander water. This street food is famous all over India. Without a doubt, it fills one’s mouth and takes taste buds in heaven. I am pretty sure that this dish is a favorite of all the Indians. This street style pani puri recipe is my mom’s recipe and it is mouth-watering trust me. The pani which she makes has all the flavour whether it is teekha (Spicy), khatta (tangy) and also a small amount of sweet. Because I prefer to make a separate bowl of sweet water. All the flavor in one pani.
In northern states it is called Golgappa whereas in Bengal it is called puchka. I think however old or young we are; the craving for this lovely dish is the same in both. with one bite of pani puri you get all the tastes and flavors in mouth that simply you can’t just resist with one. I am sure after this post definitely you will crave for pani puri, so try out this tempting chat pani puri and satisfy your mouth.
INGREDIENTS FOR PANI PURI RECIPE
- 100 gms semolina (Suji)
- Salt to taste
- Warm water
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 medium Potato (boiled and diced)
- ½ cup boondi
- Salt to taste
- 1teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon dried mango powder
- 10-12 nos. coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 bunch coriander
- ½ bunch mint leaves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Lemon
- 4 Green chilli
- 1 teaspoon Black Salt
PANI PURI RECIPE- PREPARATION METHOD
- Firstly, add salt to semolina and mix it well.
- Knead the dough with enough water to make it soft.
- It should be noted that the dough is not too hard.
- After cover the dough in a damp cloth for ½ hour. While the dough is resting prepare masala and pani.
- Roll the dough or shape it with the circle stencil.
- Heat the oil at high flame, put the poories for deep-frying, 4 to 5 at a time and fry it at medium flame.
- Remove the poories once its light brown color.
- Secondly, boil the potatoes, let them cool and then cut them in small dices.
- Add all the above ingredients to the potato and mix it well.
- Thirdly, grind all the above ingredients and add enough amount of water to it.
- Finally serve it at room temperature.
NOTE– Pani puri is famous all over India and is called by different names like, pani puri, golgappa etc.
PREPARATION TIME- 30 Minutes
COOK TIME- 30 Minutes
TOTAL TIME- 1 Hour